- The Great Cartulary of Berkeley Castle c. 1425(ed.) (Bristol and Glos. Archaeological Society, Gloucestershire Record Series, vol. 28, 2014)
- The Berkeley Estate 1281-1417: its economy and development (Bristol and Gloucestershire Archaeological Society, Bristol and Gloucestershire Monographs, 2012)
- Medieval Property Transactions in Rutland: Abstracts of Feet of Fines 1197-1509 (Rutland Local History and Record Society, 2013)
- The Bohun of Fressingfield Cartulary (Suffolk Records Society, Suffolk Charters xix, 2011)
- A Catalogue of the Medieval Muniments at Berkeley Castle (Bristol and Gloucestershire Archaeological Society, Gloucestershire Record Series, vols 17 and 18, 2004)
- ‘Marriage and Inheritance: the element of chance in the development of lay estates in the fourteenth century’, Fourteenth-Century England X (2017).
- 'Ralph Waleys (d. 1394): a Gloucestershire 'New Man' and Knight of the Shire', Trans. Bristol and Glos. Arch. Soc. vol. 134 (2016), pp. 203-220.
- 'Sir Thomas Blount (d. 1328): a Midlands knight and the Despenser regime 1322-26', Midland History, vol. 41, issue 2 (2016), pp. 135-151.
- 'Belton (Rutland) and the Blount Family', Rutland Record, vol. 36 (2016), pp. 253-262.
- 'The Origin of the 'Name and Arms' Clause and the Development of the Lineage Culture in Fourteenth-Century England', Nottingham Medieval Studies vol. 59 (2015), 77-111.
- 'Sir Richard de la Ryvere (d. 1334-37): a Berkshire bastard', Southern History vol. 37 (2015), 1-19.
- 'Margaret Styward and the Curious Case of the 1398 Elmington Declarations', Trans. Bristol and Glos. Arch. Soc. vol. 132 (2014), 131-145.
- 'The Gower Prelude to the Marcher Rising of 1321: a question of evidence', Welsh History Review (June 2014), 4-27.
- ‘The “Boroughbridge” Roll of Arms reconsidered’, Historical Research vol. 86, no. 232 (May 2013), 196–206.
'The Contrariant Uprising of 1321–2: A New Perspective', Trans. Bristol and Glos. Arch. Soc. vol. 130 (2012), 183–197.
- 'Elizabeth Audley, the Martin estate and a Parliamentary Petition (1366): The Security of Marriage Contracts in Fourteenth-Century England', Southern History vol.34 (2012), 24–50.
- 'A Hitherto Unknown Daughter of Thomas Lord Berkeley (d. 1361): The Feet of Fines and Genealogy', Foundations: Journal of the Foundation for Medieval Genealogy vol. 4 (2012), 56–62.
- 'Tenants of the Lordship of Berkeley in the Late Middle Ages', in Archives & Local History in Bristol and Gloucestershire: Essays in Honour of David Smith (Bristol and Glos. Arch. Soc., 2007).
- Aristocratic Marriage, Adultery and Divorce in Fourteenth-Century England: the life of Lucy de Thweng (1279-1347), (Boydell & Brewer, 2019).
- 'Sir Robert de Wateville (d. 1330) of Essex and the younger Despenser, 1322–26', Fourteenth Century England XI (2019).
- 'The perils of lordship: the life and death of William Tuchet (d. 1322)', in Ruling Fourteenth Century England (2018).
- '‘The custom of England’; the relationship between arms and landed patrimonies in the fourteenth century', in Heralds and Heraldry in Medieval England (2018).
Bristol and Glos. Arch. Soc. volumes may be purchased from the society's online bookshop; the Bohun of Fressingfield cartulary may be ordered from Boydell & Brewer; for the Rutland Feet of Fines see the RLHRS website.